Historic village from the Middle Ages. Corbelled houses dating from the 16th and 17th Century. (Tourist Office : 05 63 74 16 28).
• Departure points for walks, particularly to the Gallo-Roman ‘Oppidum’ of Berniquaut, a magnificent panoramic viewpoint over the whole of the plain of Lauragais.
• Abbaye-Ecole. Guided visits. www.abbayeecoledesoreze.com
Glass museum : musee-verre.fr
Small historic village, known for its long tradition of copper work.
• Visit shops and artist workshops : copper, leather, arts and crafts ...
• Copper museum : 05 63 74 22 77.
DOURGNE Tourist Office : 05 63 50 31 20
• Departure points for walks, particularly to the ‘Capelette’, another panoramic viewpoint overlooking the plain of Lauragais.
• Benedictine Abbey of En Calcat www.encalcat.com. Lovely bookshop.
REVEL Tourist office : 05 61 83 50 06.
Renowned for its furniture making. The central square is covered by a 14th Century roof with a distinctive bell tower. Beautiful 17th and 18th Century buildings.
• One of the top ten Saturday morning markets in France.
• Woodworking Conservatory.
Small hilltop town overlooking the countryside. (Tourist Office : 05 63 75 28 98).
• Chateau of St Loup. Deer breeding
• Visit Angora rabbit breeding farm. Products for sale, site tour
• Château-Museum of Magrin. Pastel museum in a 12th and 17th Century castle. www.pastel-chateau-musee.com
Goya Museum, the biggest collection of Spanish art in France after the Louvre. Located in an old, episcopal palace with a garden designed by Le Nôtre.
• National Jean Jaurès Centre. Life and work of Jean Jaurès, native son of Castres.
• Boat ride on the Agout river.
• Castelnaudary www.ville-castelnaudary.fr
• Le Canal du Midi www.plan-canal-du-midi.com
• St Papoul and its Abbey www.saintpapoul.fr
• Montolieu, the book village www.montolieu-livre.fr
• Mazamet www.tourisme-mazamet.com
• Wood and toy museum www.hautpoul.org
• La cité de Carcassonne www.tourisme-carcassonne.fr
4-star residential leisure park, campsite Tarn, holiday chalet rentals, Midi Pyrenees, Southwest.
Peaceful countryside in the centre of the triangle of Carcassonne-Toulouse-Albi: 8 wooden chalets, 9 mobile homes, swimming pool, spa, …
Tarn holiday rentals. Countryside campsite in the Midi Pyrenees. Lauraguais campsite between Toulouse, Albi, and Carcassonne.